Internet of Things, also known as IoT technology, is playing a major role in shaping our day-to-day lifestyle by turning our regular homes into smart homes. In this article, we will be discussing what to expect next from IoT (Internet of Things) in the coming year.
IoT, in general, is a vast network of connected physical gadgets and electronics along with sensors and software that are used to build connectivity. These sensors are what enable connected electronics to exchange information throughout the entire network.
Now that we have gone through the basic idea of what is the concept of the Internet of Things. It’s time to take a look at some of the areas where IoT will make it big.
Major Predictions on the Internet of Things (IoT)
Below are some of the top predictions that are made when it comes to IoT (Internet of Things) for the upcoming year. These predictions are also responsible for the increased hiring rate of IoT app development companies by businesses:
More Secure Routers
Today, a vast number of houses consist of routers but the issue with those devices is that they do not have security installed in them. This further makes routers easy prey for cyber-attacks and online hackers. To avoid such threats, companies are now equipping their routers with advanced security features while encrypting their information to protect their consumers.
Spike in Employment Opportunities
We know for a fact that IoT technology is growing day by day, but just like every coin has two sides to it and so does the Internet of Things. One of the major things that are creating an issue in IoT adoption is the security factor. Here, data security is a concern that cannot be overlooked by us, with the continuous advancements in IoT there have been several incidents of data breaching. So, to take control of this situation, more job opportunities need to be created related to data security.
Widespread of Self-driving Cars
Many well-known organizations are currently working on the project of self-driving cars, some of them being Google and Tesla. In 2019, few models of such self-driving cars were made available for the public as well. And looking at the current statistics, it can be said that we are likely to witness a widespread of self-driving cars by the end of the year 2020. And thanks to the Internet of Things, for offering advanced in-built internet services to enhance the functions of a car and promote autonomous driving.
Businesses that are integrated with the Internet of Things (IoT) technology have an edge over their competitors in their respective domains. In the next three to five years, IoT will become a basic requirement for businesses to elevate their ROI (Return on Investment), provide innovative services to their consumers, and to rank among the top leaders of the industry.
Here’s what Experts Have to Say on IoT
In addition to the above-mentioned points, let’s look at some of the statements made by industry experts on the Internet of Things technology, which are as follows:
- Bryce Welker from CPA Exam Guy believes that smart retailers will eventually learn the right way to harness the huge potential of the Internet of Things to grow in the market. With the help of smart devices, retailers will be able to gather a large amount of data on user preferences.
- Kristopher Jones from LSEO thinks that IoT is already employed on a smaller scale when it comes to the transportation sector. Speaking of local and state levels, we’ll be seeing IoT sensors installed to signal when repairs are required that this will ultimately save additional costly repairs.
- Colbey Pfund from LFNT Distribution thinks that the more people understand the importance of the Internet of Things, the more it will have an impact on their home life. For instance, heaters adapting to the external temperatures and lights reacting when sensing a movement are two of the common examples of how IoT is going to completely change the day-to-day lifestyle of people at home.
- Andrew Schrage from Money Crashers Personal Finance believes that traffic lights could be a great application on the Internet of Things. With the help of IoT, we will be able to track traffic patterns and also know when’s the appropriate time for the light to turn green or red. This can turn out to be of great help in reducing traffic in crowded cities.
These are some of the many statements that are made by experts when it comes to the Internet of Things. One thing that we can say for sure is that this is just the beginning stage of the mass adoption of IoT technology and it will be really exciting to see what the future holds for this emerging trend.
1. 16 Best (free) AMP – (Accelerated Mobile Pages) WordPress Plugins in 
2. Do Human Translators Have a Reason to Be Afraid of Advancing Technologies
3. Artificial Intelligence And Its Demands To The Programmers
4. The Future Of Furniture Shopping: Augmented Reality Apps
5. How Augmented Reality Will Change The Future Of Design Industry In