Can you even imagine that a single letter could make much difference with your website ranking? Confused by what I am talking about? Straightforward, it is the HyperText Transfer Protocol.
1. What so important about HTTP?
If you have noticed since 2014, Google announced that websites that hold the HTTPS on it would obtain a hike in its search ranking. You might have wondered, what would this “S” does with the website’s ranking. I would say it has a lot more than you think.
In today’s post, let us investigate HTTP vs. HTTPS and what is the best option to select the HTTPS for your website. Would you be interested to know more about it?
Let’s get started!!!
2. What is HTTP?
An HTTP is a HyperText Transfer Protocol, whereas a WWW is a World Wide Web that connects clients and servers. Now clubbing these two techniques together makes some sense. It is done by establishing a communication between the client computers and web servers by sending an HTTP request and receiving an HTTP response on the other end.
An HTTP being a stateless protocol does not save or store any of the previous web sessions. As the protocol is stateless, there is less usage of data; therefore, increasing data transfer speed. There are several other benefits of using HTTP. A few of them are as follows,
- Helps in accessing HTML pages
- Websites without confidential data use HTTP to access
- Functional and efficient
3. What is HTTPS?
The HTTPS (HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure) security is the essential thing that is very much needed these days. In recent times we face a lot of security breaches, especially when it comes to eCommerce websites, there is a lot of complaints from the customers that they have issues, or their money is stolen at the transaction. All these are referred to as security threats. In order to avoid such discrepancies, the HTTPS was introduced to ensure security among users.
4. Select the best SSL Certificate for your website
Before we could move into choosing the right SSL certificate for your website, let us investigate the types of SSL certificates that exist.
The types of SSL certificates are as follows,
- Single Domain SSL Certificate
- Multi-domain SSL Certificate
- Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Organizational Validation SSL Certificate
- The extended Validation SSL certificate
5. The Extended Validation SSL certificate (EV-SSL)
The Extended Validation SSL Certificate promises you with the highest level of security to your website and the most top validation done by a Certificate authority. The brand that involves the certificate will have to undergo a rigorous background check and various confirmation process in order to get it validated.
To be more authentic, EV-SSL is the best form of security and a cost-effective certificate that can be added to your website.
Benefits of having an EV-SSL Certificate:
- EV SSL is intended to obviously convey the dependability of the site to its users by offering a green bar that assures client certainty.
- EV decreases cart abandonment and improves client conversions. You get higher revenue per exchange and higher lifetime client esteem.
- Demonstrates your site has passed similar security checks as the other significant sites.
- It isn’t merely the best SSL certificate for WordPress and the best SSL certificate for internet business yet for every single other sort of site.
- Most elevated SSL security levels – 2048-bit digital signatures all through the whole certificate bind and up to 256-bit encryption as standard.
6. Organizational Validated SSL Certificate
Organizational Validated SSL certificate ensures high-level web security. The OV-SSL certificate adds up validation of the complete business details, which includes name, address, domain name, and any other sensitive information of the website holder.
The installation of an OV-SSL certificate to your domain shows a green padlock symbol at the front. The certificate provides warranty assurance and 100% security with secure data encryption.
Especially when it comes to eCommerce websites, a customer can be hassle-free on noticing the HTTPS on the address bar as it ensures the sign of security to its customers.
7. Domain Validated SSL Certificate
A domain validated SSL does not authenticate or validate business information. The certificate still ensures high-level security, but low level of validation compared to EV and OV SSL.
8. Single domain SSL Certificate
The single SSL certificate allows a customer to secure only a single domain/sub-domain on one single certificate. The single-domain SSL certificate ensures strong security against data theft and security breaches.
A single-domain SSL certificate can be used to protect a single domain, individual sub-domain, hostname.
There are other cheap SSL certificates that can help you protect your website from security breaches. They are as follows,
- Multi-domain SSL certificate
- Wildcard SSL certificate
- Unified Communications certificate
9. Why do you need an SSL certificate for your website?
On the off chance, you need to demonstrate your character and authenticity to your site users; at that point, you certainly need to add an SSL certificate to your site. SSL security is, for the most part, used to protect clients’ data. In this way, they are must for website pages if,
- You’re selling something on the web (you are assuming acknowledgment card, standardized savings numbers, and some other individual information during the request procedure).
- You are enabling clients to make accounts with your organization.
- Your site is encouraging login and enrollment options.
- You are accepting clients’ data, reports, and photographs by means of the form(s).
- You give secure administrations like web banking and online email (where complete protection is required).
10. Wrap up:
The most valuable thing you need to know about website security is portrayed in this post. This helps you to have a better understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, and the importance of having an SSL certificate for your website and your online business.
The different types of SSL certificates are mentioned above for your convenience that you may choose the right one for your business. Finding the cheapest SSL certificate and an authentic one would never be a typical task for you. Install the best certificate for your online business and skyrocket your business with trust and authenticity.