You are confused about whether you should hire a digital marketing agency or build your digital marketing team? Read to know the pros and cons, along with the differences between both of them to make the right decision for your successful business growth.
Don’t Wear Different Hats! Hire A Digital Marketing Specialist!
If you aim high to expand your visibility and drive more organic traffic your way, you will need to take your marketing quo an inch higher.
It can be difficult and not-so-beneficial to look after digital marketing with already handling too many operational responsibilities. After all, it is a whole new world of different elements and strategies.
So, hiring digital marketing experts can help you scale up the game. But the immense confusion is to decide whether you should hire a digital marketing agency or build an in-house digital marketing team.
If you wonder what is more cost-effective and can drive better results, find the full breakdown of both to decide what approach your brand needs.
1. Why Hire A Digital Marketing Agency?
Hiring a digital marketing agency is somewhat more beneficial because it offers a more extensive range of services and has a bigger team of experts from different spheres.
The hiring rate for agencies has substantially gone higher after the pandemic because these experts can work from home without joining your team physically.
However, assessing the agency’s expertise and work ethics can be more challenging. Furthermore, there are countless meetings, long hours of discussion, and lengthy contracts involved.
- Digital marketing agencies have specialists with years of experience onboard.
- They work with multiple clients at the same time and have a higher level of competence.
- In most cases, a highly-renowned digital agency will have prior experience in your domain. So, they already know effective tactics to expand your business outreach.
- Their diverse team includes one digital marketing specialist for almost every strategy so that different marketing perspectives are carried on at the same time. So, you get a pool of talent when you hire an agency.
- Apparently, hiring an agency drives better results even when you are not paying for different individuals.
- Moreover, agencies are more scalable and provide strategic insights into your effective business plan to grow your brand.
- You have to fully trust a digital marketing agency and its strategies to see where the ideas lead you without interfering in or gaining a dominant control over the agency’s plans.
- Digital agencies are quite expensive compared to hiring a few employees who do their respective jobs in your workspace.
2. Why Build an In-House Digital Marketing Team?
In most cases, the challenge of finding the right people and the high budget lead people to prefer the other marketing approach, i.e. building their own in-house digital marketing team.
Well, making your marketing team isn’t at all a bad option if you hire potential candidates carefully. Moreover, you can easily hire freshers at a much lower cost.
- Having digital experts in your workspace increases their engagement and passion for learning and growing.
- By physically joining your office, the employees get more familiarity with your brand and have more in-depth knowledge about your needs.
- If you hire the right employees, you can form a dynamic team that goes hand-in-hand with your company.
- Your employees are only focused on your business goals which are opposite to the case of an agency where one digital marketing expert handles multiple clients simultaneously.
- You have full control over your team, meetings, and the entire marketing plan.
- Building an in-house team also gives you the flexibility to change the strategy, restructure your team, or even fire the employee if there is a severe lack of work ethics, skills, or motivation. On the contrary, you need to sign a fixed contract with agencies where you don’t get enough flexibility.
- Finding the right talent and employees with years of experience is difficult.
- A team of few candidates can sometimes be less efficient and take more time to finish specific projects.
- Building your team not just requires hiring new people but also requires purchasing premium software, enough resources, furniture, and a large workspace.
3. The Bottom Line
Crafting and implementing a well-deliberated marketing plan needs expertise and is time-consuming. With the right digital marketing expert around, you can gradually reach your target audience, generate more leads, and get a high return on investment within a year.
If you have a valuable network of marketing experts, are low on budget, or have a highly innovative product that needs more people to work on consistently, you should go for an in-house digital marketing team.
Contrarily, if you are on a higher budget, aiming for bigger goals, and looking for renowned experts, an agency is the right choice for you. So, the decision primarily depends on your requirements and long term business plans.