Even though students learn how to write essays and practice it during the whole course of study, tiny students can write nice papers. It’s mainly connected with the essence of writing. The number of people who are natural writers is minimal.
In most cases, good writing skills are the result of long and dedicated work and practice. Unfortunately, students aren’t those people who can spend their free time on it. Quite often, they have no spare time at all.
The best decision in such a situation is to address custom writing services, such as Legit Essays. This company specializes in writing various types of essays: you may buy argumentative or application essays, order personal statement paper, and so on.
We hire professional writers who can deal with any topic and any other type of paper if you need it. Students choose this way of dealing with the assignment because of the following advantages:
- High quality of papers.
- Timely delivery.
- 100% unique essays.
- Low prices.
If you know that all your attempts won’t succeed, don’t waste your valuable time and turn to Legit Essays whenever you need it. Be sure you’ll receive the answer even at night.
The Most Common Mistakes in Essays
But in case you’ve decided to take your chances and write the essay by yourself, you should know about the key mistakes students make. In academic writing, even the smallest detail matters.
If you don’t want to get a low grade because of it, pay attention to the following information and, perhaps, you’ll develop your writing skills. Here are the most widespread mistakes in essays:
- Too broad or narrow topic. It’s the critical mistake that influences the result. It may seem that a broad matter lets you write a lot about it, but in most cases, the information will be vague and far from concrete. The narrow theme, on the opposite, won’t let you find enough information and cover the topic.
- Dull theme. It’s the third type of mistake connected with the topic. Teachers often give the list of several themes for choice, so everyone may select the theme that will be interesting. Process writing would be a challenge for you if you choose the boring one, and you won’t create a decent paper.
- The absence of a thesis statement or its weakness. This detail is used to attract the reader’s attention, so missing it is resigning yourself to failure. It’s the basis of your narration, so try to make it short and concise.
- Plagiarism. It may seem that all students know about the plagiarism and that teachers always check all papers they get to find it. It’s the most crucial factor that influences the final grade. Check the article by yourself before sending it to the teacher.
- The use of unreliable sources. Not all online websites are excellent and trustworthy sources of information. You may use them, but the textbooks and researches should prevail in your references list.
- Excess quotation. The quotes are an excellent way to reinforce your views and opinions, and their amount is often clearly stated in the requirements. Don’t overdo them, use paraphrasing instead of quotation.
- Language mistakes. Check and proofread your essay even if you’re a native speaker of English. Don’t forget about spelling mistakes. You may use the online tools for it, but then proofread the essay by yourself because the human mind is anyway smarter.
- The refusal to create and use an outline. Even the experienced essay writers use the outline before writing the draft. If you conduct the research on the topic and collect a lot of information, you should structure not to miss the critical detail.
- Wrong formatting. All academic essays should be formatted according to certain formatting styles (APA, MLA, and so on). The rules are easy, but they require time to remember them. Pay attention to this aspect when writing.
- Weak arguments. The essay presupposes that you state your opinion and provide strong arguments to it. Treat it seriously and don’t write vague statements. Prove that you’re right.
- They were using long and complex sentences. Your paper should be easy to read, so avoid using the too complicated structure of sentences. Long sentences shouldn’t follow each other in one passage. Dilute the text with short sentences, but again, don’t overdo it.
- The conclusion isn’t a summary. Don’t repeat the thoughts from the main body in the last paragraphs. Just reinstate your thesis based on your arguments and finish the thought.
Everyone made these mistakes at least once, but the professionalism lies in the ability to find these mistakes, acknowledge them, and do your best to avoid them in future work. Be attentive, and your essays will be top-notch.