Back when jailbreaks were more readily available, game emulators were the most popular downloads. The only way to play console games on an iPhone or iPad, and its no wonder that the people are starting to miss them. If you want to play Nintendo DS games, you’re in luck because an emulator called iNDS works perfectly well without a jailbreak.
1. How to Download iNDS
There are a few steps to download iNDS onto your iPhone or iPad, and neither of them involves the app store.
a) Method 1: TopStore App
TopStore is a third-party app store that offers thousands of apps, games, and tweaks for free, including emulator apps:
- Download TopStore to your device
- Launch the app store and search for iNDS
- Tap the app, tap Install and wait
- When it’s done, you can start using the iNDS emulator.
b) Method 2: IPA File
The IPA file will only install iNDS on your device and requires the use of your computer and your Apple ID:
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Then download the iNDS IPA file
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device
- When Cydia Impactor has detected your device, drag and drop the iNDS .ipa file into it
- Enter your Apple ID and wait – the app icon will appear on your home page when the installation is done.
2. Installing ROM on iNDS
Installing your favorite NDS games is quite simple to do:
a) Method 1: Built-In Browser
iNDS includes its very own browser:
- Open iNDS and tap the Search bar (top right corner)
- Type in the name of the game you want downloading
- Tap a result and tap on Download
- Tap on Save; when the ROM finishes downloading tap to launch it
This is a secure method, but you won’t find all the games this way. If you can’t find a match, try the next method:
b) Method 2: External ROMs
This requires the use of a search engine:
- Open your browser and search for the game ROM you want
- Choose a reputable source and download the game
- Find and tap on it; choose Open in iNDS
- In the iNDS emulator, you will see your app
- Tap on Launch Normally and enjoy
3. iNDS Features
iNDS offers lots of cool features:
- Completely free
- No jailbreak needed
- Acts on all iOS devices up to the latest iOS 13 version
- Handy search feature
- Built-in browser
- Dropbox support
- Plenty of in-app customizations
- Choose from thousands of games
- Easily download ROMs
- And much more
4. How Safe is iNDS Emulator?
Incredibly safe. iNDS took several months to develop, with the developers testing it at every stage. They have a reputation to protect, and the last thing they want is a bad name by producing an unsafe app.
They monitor the app regularly, immediately fixing any problems that arise with an immediate update – if you opt-out of installing it, they will not guarantee your safety using the app.
5. Common iNDS Problems and Solutions
While iNDS is stable and used by millions of people the world over, two common issues will arise.
a) Untrusted Developer Error
This is a standard error that arises when you use any third-party app, in this case, both iNDS and TopStore. It happens because Apple doesn’t recognize the developers and doesn’t trust them – you can, and it’s straightforward to do so:
- Open your iOS Settings app and tap n General
- Tap On Profiles & Device Management
- Scan the list of profiles for the one you want and tap it
- Tap the Trust button
- Close Settings, try the app again, it should open normally
b) App Crashing Issue
Unofficial apps tend to work using expired enterprise certificates, and these are revoked by Apple, causing the app to crash.
The app developers do try to keep on top of this and, nine times out of ten, they will get the certificate replaced before you know about it. Occasionally, they won’t be able to, but you can prevent Apple from revoking your certificate in two ways – using an anti-revoke app or a recommended VPN.
iNDS is a famous emulator, and now anyone can use it. If you want to turn your device into a mini Nintendo DS, download the emulator and enjoy all it has to offer.