Till very recently, cryptocurrencies had not appealed substantially to the ordinary people as it was predominantly the engineers, entrepreneurs, and developers who had been investing and trading in these. But, the 2017 Bitcoin bubble changed things as cryptocurrencies began to escalate in value. So, millions of people started to buy shares and install mining farms. The Bitcoin price value kept falling throughout 2017, but experts are hopeful that 2020 will prove to be a good year for the currency.
Some many public figures and celebrities have started endorsing cryptocurrencies, and many of them are owners of Bitcoins and other such digital currencies. Below is provided a list of some of these celebrities supporting the Bitcoin:
- Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft, and in 2014, showed keen interest in the world of cryptocurrency, according to an interview with Bloomberg. While Gates may have had some reservations concerning the Bitcoin, he remains one of the most well-known celebrities in favor of it. A reason why he supports it is that, unlike other currencies, with Bitcoin, you do not physically have to be in the same location. For larger transactions, Bitcoin, he feels, is better than regular currencies that can be quite inconvenient. Automated bitcoin trading apps are getting good recognition among top-level investors in spite of widespread rumors like bitcoin era truffa or fraud in the cryptocurrency market.
- Snoop Dogg has been selling many of his albums with Bitcoins since 2013; this goes to show he is in favor of the cryptocurrency. According to reports, this artist also showed up at the XRP Community Night party in honor of the XRP cryptocurrency.
- Ashton Kutcher is a well-known Hollywood star investing in UnikoinGold together with Mark Cuban, a billionaire. The actor is known for having invested in Airbnb, BitPay, and Uber earlier.
- Lionel Messi, the world-famous football star has become a brand ambassador for Sirin Labs, an Israeli company since 2017. This enterprise has come up with the world’s first crypto-smartphone which is being endorsed by Messi.
- Elon Musk, erstwhile CEO of Tesla, may deny that he owns Bitcoins but confesses that he did get BTC from his friend as a gift.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the famous American boxer who has become an ambassador of the Stox cryptocurrency project that focuses on market analysis, and DJ Khaled has joined him in this.
- Mel B, one of the Spice Girls, sold her Christmas single in 2014 in exchange for the Bitcoin. She entered into a partnership with a cloud mining company in London called Cloud Hashing and has become the world’s first performer to sell her music for BTC.
- Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Kelly Joyce are all popular women vocalists who accept payments in BTC. The biggest reason is that these stars can get net profits without taxes, as these will not be charged in cryptocurrencies.
- Hugh Laurie, the British actor, was not too keen about cryptocurrencies till four years back. But he started to invest in the Bitcoin in 2015 on the advice of a friend at a time when the prices were skyrocketing.
- Mike Tyson had predicted that cryptocurrencies were here to stay and he not only invests in the Bitcoin, but also produced Bitcoin ATMs that had his face tattoo for branding.
- Pitbull is a well-known singer who began investing in the Bitcoin in 2012. In 2018, he further announced that he would set up the Smackathon in collaboration with eMerge Americas. The Smackathon is a cryptocurrency for revolutionizing payments inside the music industry.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is a popular British actress who has publicly shown her support for cryptocurrencies. Incidentally, she was the face of the Bitcoin wallet Abra and became an advisor from 2017. She regularly shares articles on Twitter about ways to invest and the basics of the Bitcoin.